ADMINISTRATIVE AND COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
The League of Canadian Poets is seeking an Administrative and Communications Coordinator to work in our Toronto office 21 hours (3 days) per week. The Coordinator reports to the Executive Director and the Administrative Director, assisting on all manner of communication and administrative work in the office. This position begins at a rate of $19 per hour, with the opportunity to increase both hourly rate and number of hours worked each week for the right individual.
The ideal Administrative and Communications Coordinator will be an energetic, self-motivated and creative individual who is interested in being part of a dedicated team at a growing National organization. Willingness to learn, make suggestions and improvements, and continually learn new skills is essential.
ABOUT THE LEAGUE OF CANADIAN POETS
Established in 1966, the League of Canadian Poets is a national non-profit organization dedicated to supporting, engaging, and promoting poets and poetry in Canada.
- Degree, particularly in communications or journalism OR equivalent experience
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in communications, with a background in social media. The ideal candidate will have some experience in a small-office environment, and experience working on literary projects
- Strong interest in poetry, literature, and community-building
- Creative, detail-oriented, and self-motivated learner with the ability to suggest improvements for the organization
- Ability to work with minimal supervision essential. Ideal if candidate enjoys a small, friendly office working environment.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Suite on PC, Facebook, Twitter, Hootsuite, WordPress, and ease learning other programs as needed. The ideal candidate will be an excellent Google-r
- Some experience using layout and/or design software, such as any of Photoshop, InDesign, Venngage, Canva, or other similar programs
- Bilingual in French and English an asset
- The Coordinator will help with all administrative and communications needs in the office. This includes answering phone and email inquiries, sending and receiving mail, assisting with elements of office management, improving systems, and updating what is offered.
- Maintain the League’s filing system, database, and information
- Order/maintain all office supplies, water, paper, etc.
- Make bank deposits as required
SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGEMENT:
- Manage League social media accounts including Facebook and Twitter. This includes ongoing maintenance, increasing audience, and promoting all League projects and programs through social media
- Create, execute, and manage social media and promotional campaigns for annual national projects such as National Poetry Month, Poem in Your Pocket Day, etc.
- Research and post new information and opportunities that would be of interest to League members and followers
- Work with other League staff on ‘branding’ for the League via social media, print media, website and promotional material design, etc.
- Attend and represent the League at events, such as Word on the Street, our annual AGM, and other literary events as required
- Work with staff and National Council to plan execution of social media strategy for emerging plans and projects
- Work with the Administrative Director and Executive Director to update content on www.poets.ca, a WordPress website, updating events, news, information, and resources for members
- Provide guidance to members on how to access website, how to make changes, and how to make the most of resources
- Research and assist with creating new content, resources, and updates that will improve member experience
- Input and process readings and membership applications, reports, and requests for payments, as needed
- Assist Administrative Director in providing stats and written reports.
- Suggest new ways to improve delivery of programmes if necessary; update and provide resources to encourage hosts from across Canada to apply
ANNUAL PROGRAMMING AND MEMBERSHIP SERVICES
- Maintain membership database, contact information, and organizational information as needed
- Create, send, and process invoices for membership dues, reading payments, and other business as necessary
- Communicate all membership benefits, program information, opportunities, and events to members through social media, print, email, and any other appropriate channels
- Work directly with our membership committee to coordinate new membership applications, welcome new members, and encourage participation in membership benefits
- Attend and provide support at our Annual General Meeting and Poetry Festival conference. Our Coordinator will be asked to be part of every step of the event, including programming, promotion, and execution
Please send a copy of a cover letter and resume as a single PDF attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line “Administrative and Communications Coordinator position.”
Deadline: January 10, 2018.