Books available to review:
- Ganymede’s Dog by John Emil Vincent (McGill-Queen’s University Press)
- The Dance Between and For the Love of Lazaros by Susan Ioannou (Opal Editions)
- Cold Metal Stairs by Su Croll (Turnstone Press)
- Falling Backwards Into Mirrors by Anne Sorbie (Inanna Publications)
- The Colour of Clouds by Linda Martin (Inanna Publications)
- The Dowager Empress by Adele Wiseman (Inanna Publications)
- Salt Bride by Ilona Martonfi (Inanna Publications)
- The Danger Model by Madelaine Caritas Longman (McGill-Queen’s University Press)
- Rail by Miranda Pearson (McGill-Queen’s University Press)
The League is able to mail physical copies of any of the above books to interested reviewers!
Interested in reviewing for the League? We are always looking for new reviewers and reviews!
It’s a small, small poetry world out there, and we know there’s a large chance reviewers have met the poet they’re reviewing at least once, so we want to embrace that: friends, review friends! Publishers, review your own books! Discuss, discuss, discuss–as long as you disclose your connections and keep your writing transparent. We’re looking for reviews that speak to the reviewer’s personal experience with the book, but we’re also looking for reviews that can connect a book with other legacies, initiatives, and creators in CanLit.
- we accept reviews of new (published within the last 18 months) books of poetry – see below for a list of suggested reviewable titles from the current publication period (consider reviewing a book by one of our new members)!
- reviewers do not need to be members of the League
- we accept previously published reviews with written permission from the original publisher
- reviews for consideration should be in Word file format and between 500-2000 words in length
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, queries, or submissions for consideration! We are also happy to facilitate review copy requests to publishers for interested reviewers.
Publishers: looking for professional poets to review your latest poetry releases? Send a copy to the League office and we’ll make it known to our membership that the book is available for review.
League members: Do you have a recently released book that you would like added to our reviewable titles list? Email email@example.com for more information.
- Review of Sunrise Over Lake Ontario by Josie Di Sciascio-Andrews
- Review: Radiant by Kate Marshall Flaherty
- Review: These Wings by Kim Fahner
- Review: Radiant | By Kate Marshall Flaherty
- REVIEWING THE SHORTLIST: Welcome to the Anthropocene | By Alice Major
- REVIEWING THE SHORTLIST: Ledi | By Kim Trainor
- REVIEWING THE SHORTLIST: Unstable Neighbourhood Rabbit | By Mikko Harvey
- REVIEWING THE SHORTLIST: Listen Before Transmit | By Dani Couture
- REVIEWING THE SHORTLIST: The Missing Field | By Jennifer Zilm
- Review: Little Red | By Kerry Gilbert
View our reviews archive here.