Books available to review:
- Ganymede’s Dog by John Emil Vincent (McGill-Queen’s University Press)
- The Dance Between and For the Love of Lazaros by Susan Ioannou (Opal Editions)
- Seemingly Provoked by Tanya Bailey
- Falling Backwards Into Mirrors by Anne Sorbie (Inanna Publications)
- The Colour of Clouds by Linda Martin (Inanna Publications)
- The Dowager Empress by Adele Wiseman (Inanna Publications)
- Rail by Miranda Pearson (McGill-Queen’s University Press)
- Falling Forward by Paul Sanderson
- Forty-One Pages on Poetry, Language and Wilderness by John Steffler
- Live Ones by Sadie McCarney
- Maze by Hugh Thomas
- My Heart Is A Rose Manhattan by Nikki Reimer
- Deboning A Dragon by Julie Hartley
- Mobile by Tanis MacDonald
- Undefeated Relevance by Honey Novick
The League is able to mail physical copies of any of the above books to interested reviewers!
Interested in reviewing for the League? We are always looking for new reviewers and reviews!
It’s a small, small poetry world out there, and we know there’s a large chance reviewers have met the poet they’re reviewing at least once, so we want to embrace that: friends, review friends! Publishers, review your own books! Discuss, discuss, discuss–as long as you disclose your connections and keep your writing transparent. We’re looking for reviews that speak to the reviewer’s personal experience with the book, but we’re also looking for reviews that can connect a book with other legacies, initiatives, and creators in CanLit.
- we accept reviews of new (published within the last 18 months) books of poetry
- reviewers do not need to be members of the League
- we accept previously published reviews with written permission from the original publisher
- reviews for consideration should be in .doc/.docx format and between 300-2000 words in length
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, queries, or submissions for consideration! We are also happy to facilitate review copy requests to publishers for interested reviewers.
Publishers: looking for professional poets to review your latest poetry releases? Send a copy to the League office and we’ll make it known to our membership that the book is available for review.
League members: Do you have a recently released book that you would like added to our reviewable titles list? Email email@example.com for more information.
- Review: Pretty Time Machine: ekphrastic prose poems by Lorette C. Luzajic
- Learning from Pier Giorgio Di Cicco (1949-2019)
- Review: Against Forgetting by Keith Garebian
- Review: River Revery by Penn Kemp
- Review: Joe Batt’s Arm and Other Islands by Shayne Coffin
- Review: Local Heroes by Penn Kemp
- Review of Sunrise Over Lake Ontario by Josie Di Sciascio-Andrews
- Review: Radiant by Kate Marshall Flaherty
- Review: These Wings by Kim Fahner
- Review: Radiant | By Kate Marshall Flaherty
View our reviews archive here.