The 2019 Annual Conference and Annual General Meeting will take place June 7 – 9, 2019, in St. John’s, Newfoundland!
We are excited to head out East for this conference, and hope you’ll all join us–and maybe even make a little vacation out of it. Register using the form on this page!
We are excited to be hosting much of our programming at the Courtyard by Marriott St John’s Newfoundland (131 Duckworth St), and there are also a limited number of rooms available at a lower rate to members attending the conference. Contact the hotel directly at 709-722-6636 and inquire about rooms with the League of Canadian Poets annual conference and poetry festival. We recommend a check-in date of Thursday, June 6 to make the most of all conference programming!
The conference will have private member events as well as ticketed events that are open to the public, including our annual Anne Szumigalski lecture and more! Check back for a full schedule of events soon!
Registration options include:
- Complete conference registration for members only ($195)
- AGM-only tickets for members only (free)
- Open single-panel registration ($25)
- Single tickets to the Anne Szumigalski ($85; $75 for members and guests)
- Single tickets to the annual Awards Ceremony ($75)
- Complete conference registation for non-members ($235)
Purchase your registration using the form on this page — if you are a League member and none of the ticket options suit your needs, please contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-504-1657 for more options, or if you’re having any difficulty registering.
In addition to the option of staying at the Courtyard by Marriott St John’s Newfoundland (131 Duckworth St), here are some other favourably-rated accommodations rounded up from Bookings.com:
- Quality Hotel, 2 Hill O’ Chips
- Sheraton Hotel, 115 Cavendish Square
- Bannerman Park Suites, 23 Rennie’s Mill Road
- The Roses Heritage Inn, 9 – 11 Military Road
- Alt Hotel, 125 Water Street
- Ramada by Wyndham, 102 Kenmount Road
- Hometel on Signal Hill, 2 St. Joseph’s Lane
St. John’s is also home to one hostel, City Hostel, located at 8 Gower Street.