Getting Involved with the League: Communications Overview
We love to support our members in every way we can! Here is a brief overview and relevant links for members to make the most of the communications-related LCP programs.
- St@nza is a quarterly newsletter exclusive to LCP members.
- St@nza is published in March, June, September & December. Submit your news by the 10th of the publication month for it to be included.
- Example of member news to include in St@nza: Recent publications, past poetry events that you have presented at, performances, new projects, career moves.
- St@nza is sent directly to members via email.
Between the Lines
- Delivered monthly and available to all.
- Calls for submission, awards and contests, jobs, residencies and volunteer opportunities, LCP news and more.
- Subscribe to Between the Lines for monthly news!
If you have a call for submissions that you would like shared in Between the Lines, submit your call here.
- @canadianpoets on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Tag us on your poetry news and we will amplify whenever we can.
LCP’s Poetry Neighbourhood
- Exclusive Facebook Group for LCP members
- Invite your friends who are members as well!
- Be sure to answer admission questions when you request to join.
- Publicly available for others to learn about you
- New tags available for self-identification
- Keep your bio updated – via Wild Apricot
- Daily poem program, delivered via email and social media.
- LCP members may submit up to five poems per calendar year at no cost.
- Published and unpublished work is accepted.
- New: Spoken Word Saturdays (Youtube preferred)
Learn more and submit your poems here
NEW! Paid book reviews from the LCP
- Three paid reviews per month at $25 per review
- Send in review copies to be added to our available titles
- See poets.ca/reviews for more details
2019 – 2022 Poetry Catalogue
- Celebrating poetry published during the COVID-19 pandemic (any titles from 2019-2022)
- See poets.ca/pandemic-poetry-catalogue
- Add the League of Canadian Poets as an alternate host on Facebook Events or share the event to the LCP Facebook’s Page.
- Do you have a great poetry-related idea that you think the League might be interested in?
- Do you have any ideas that may broaden or enhance our current programming and projects?
Let us know via the Suggestion Box! As a small staff with a limited budget, we can’t guarantee we’ll act on all suggestions, but we love hearing from you.