What is a broadsheet? By definition, a broadsheet is a large piece of paper printed with information on one side only. In the world of poetry, a broadsheet is a great format in which to share or showcase one stand-out poem – winning this contest will surely do both!
The winner of the Broadsheet contest will receive $250, publication in the 2021 Poem In Your Pocket Day Booklet, and a special broadsheet of their poem handcrafted by artist Briar Craig.
This contest is open as of December 1, 2020.
Deadline to submit is January 22, 2021.
Submit your poem via the submission form below or CLICK HERE
- Poems must be previously unpublished (in print OR online) and no longer than 40 lines.
- You may submit one (1) poem per entry fee.
- Fees are $10 for League members and $15 for non-members.
- You may submit multiple times, but please note the submission fee applies to each submission.
- Eligible to Canadian poets and poets living and working in Canada
Congratulations to the 2020 Broadsheet winner Laura Cok and her poem “Cosmic Egg Hypothesis”