Books available to review:
- charger by Margaret Christakos
- my yt mama by Mercedes Eng
- Point to Counterpoint by Mel Gill
- Tender by Laiwan
- A Beautiful Stone by Lynda Monahan
- At Home with Disquiet by Erin Wilson
- The Dance Between and For the Love of Lazaros by Susan Ioannou (Opal Editions)
- Seemingly Provoked by Tanya Bailey
- Falling Backwards Into Mirrors by Anne Sorbie (Inanna Publications)
- The Dowager Empress by Adele Wiseman (Inanna Publications)
- Live Ones by Sadie McCarney
- Maze by Hugh Thomas
- Deboning A Dragon by Julie Hartley
- Mobile by Tanis MacDonald
- Undefeated Relevance by Honey Novick
- what we said by Sue Chenette ( 2 copies)
- Polychomasia by Mohineet Kaur Boparai (Mawenzi House)
- Near Miss by Laura Matwichuk
- Fresh Pack of Smokes by Cassandra Blanchard
- Belated Bris of the Brainsick by Lucas Crawford
- Virga by Jennifer Houle
- Salt and Ashes by Adrienne Drobnies
- Walking across the day by dn simmers
- Glass Float by Jane Munro
- standing in the flock of connections by Heather Cadsby
Interested in reviewing for the League? We are always looking for new reviewers and reviews!
It’s a small, small poetry world out there, and we know there’s a large chance reviewers have met the poet they’re reviewing at least once, so we want to embrace that: friends, review friends! Publishers, review your own books! Discuss, discuss, discuss–as long as you disclose your connections and keep your writing transparent. We’re looking for reviews that speak to the reviewer’s personal experience with the book, but we’re also looking for reviews that can connect a book with other legacies, initiatives, and creators in CanLit.
- we accept reviews of new (published within the last 18 months) books of poetry
- reviewers do not need to be members of the League
- we accept previously published reviews with written permission from the original publisher
- reviews for consideration should be in .doc/.docx format and between 300-2000 words in length
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, queries, or submissions for consideration! We are also happy to facilitate review copy requests to publishers for interested reviewers.
Publishers: looking for professional poets to review your latest poetry releases? Send a copy to the League office and we’ll make it known to our membership that the book is available for review.
League members: Do you have a recently released book that you would like added to our reviewable titles list? Email email@example.com for more information.
- Review of Devolution by Kim Goldberg
- Music, Art, Mortality – A Review of Sue Chenette’s Clavier, Paris, Alyssum
- What the walrus said: a review of Claudia Coutu Radmore’s rabbit
- In the 4 a.m.: A Review of Arleen Paré’s Earle Street
- That Sinking Feeling: in the broken boat with Daniela Elza
- Up North with Gillian Harding-Russell, a book review of In Another Air
- Of Light: A Review of Jude Neale’s Impromptu
- Review: Common Brown House Moths by Laura Zacharin
- A Tender Timeless Space: a review of Bruce Kauffman’s an evening absence still waiting for moon
- Review: Love’s Lighthouse by Anna Yin
View our reviews archive here.