Funding applications for NPM 2018 are now closed.
Literary events are a great way to celebrate National Poetry Month, and we are grateful to receive funding from the Canada Council that we use to support events throughout Canada during April! Funding is distributed on a first come, first served basis per province. Applications are open from January 15 to February 15, 2018.
For tips on hosting and organizing a literary event, check out this resource.
- Applications for funding must be submitted by the host of the event.
- The host of the event may not apply to receive funding for themself.
- Hosts may receive funding for up to four (4) readers.
- Poets may receive funding for only one (1) reading.
- Poets receiving funding must be full members of the League, or non-member professional poets who meet the League’s full membership eligibility criteria. If you are wondering if a non-member poet may be eligible, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Events receiving funding must be free and open to the public, must take place during April 2018, and must be celebrating National Poetry Month. There is no theme for NPM2018, as we are celebrating 20 years of National Poetry Month in Canada.