This role is open to Full members only.
The role of the Regional Representatives Committee is to ensure the League’s national membership is equally represented to the Board, regardless of geography. Committee members may bring news, concerns, issues, or proposals that relate specifically to the area of Canada that they are representing. The Regional Representatives Committee:
- Assists League staff in reaching targeted communities for research and program development
- Brings news and issues from poets across Canada to the attention of LCP staff and BOD
- Assists the League is planning and hosting geographically diverse and inclusive events and programs
- Suggests projects or initiatives to reach diverse geographic areas of Canada
The Regional Representatives Committee Chair must attend at least 4 Board of Directors meetings per year, in addition to the Annual General Meeting, as well as at least 2 Regional Representative Committee meetings. Additionally, the Chair would ideally attend all 4 Poets Advisory Committee meetings.
- Board meetings are typically held on a weekday between 11am and 2pm EST, and last 60-90 minutes, in the months of October, January, March, May, and June
- Poets Advisory Council meetings are typically held on the first Sunday of August, November, February, and May, at 11am EST, and last 90-120 minutes
- Regional Representative Committee meetings can take place on a day and time suitable for the committee, in the months of July and January
The Regional Representatives Committee Chair should be prepared to commit to the following:
- Meeting attendance (1-2 meetings in a month, most months of the year except April, September, and December)
- Reasonable e-mail response times (3-6 days)
- Contribution to the development of new resources and systems to support regional engagement
- Chairing two Regional Representative Committee meetings per year, with support from LCP staff
- Moderate additional training in the areas of governance, equity, finance, and accessibility
Although an orientation will be provided and LCP staff provide a great deal of support to the volunteer in this role, from administrative support to support for meetings (eg. Preparing agendas, reports, materials, etc.), some Board and/or committee experience is recommended for this role.
The role of Regional Representatives Committee Chair is a one-year term open to re-election for up to 6 terms, starting in June 2023.
This role is open to Full members only; the ideal candidate for this role would be bilingual in French and English.