The LCP Chapbook Series Presents a new chapbook featuring the work of emerging poets over 40 years old. This chapbook honours the life and work of Poet Lesley Strutt.
In this edition, the LCP Chapbook Series seeks well-crafted, unpublished poems from poets over 40 who are still in the emerging stages of their career. What does emerging mean? We are looking for poets who are currently unpublished; poets who have a minimum of professional publishing experience; or poets who have not published a book of poetry with a trade publisher.
This chapbook is being created in memory of Lesley Strutt, a poet, friend and supporter of poets across Canada.
The editors for this chapbook welcome submissions that may require some professional guidance and editing. Editors announcement is forthcoming.
The League encourages submissions by equity seeking individuals including LGBTQI2S, Indigenous writers, writers of colour, gender non-conforming writers, writers with disabilities, women, and those who face barriers because of mental health challenges and neurodivergence. We are also open to submissions written in dialects not recognized by mainstream publishing, and translations into English. If you are submitting a poem in a language other than English, please provide additional context for our readers in English.
Honouring Lesley Strutt: Lesley Strutt was an incredible poet, friend and supporter of emerging poets across Canada. Her recent passing has left a void for many people, and we feel it is important to do a few things to honour her writing, legacy, and all the incredible work she did for poets in Canada. Learn more about the ways we honour and remember Lesley.
Deadline to submit is October 25, 2021.
- Submissions are open to Associate members of the League of Canadian Poets.
- If you are not a member but would like to submit your poetry, please consider joining the League! Submissions will be accepted from poets who have submitted an application for membership.
- All submissions must be in DOC, DOCX or PDF format.
- Poetry submissions may consist of one to three previously unpublished (print or online) poems in any style (including prose poems).
- Length is flexible, though poems longer than 2 pages will be considered only if they are of exceptional quality. Poems longer than 4 pages cannot be considered.
- Please complete the form in its entirety. If you have trouble with the form, contact email@example.com
- We accept simultaneous submissions. If your piece is accepted elsewhere, please notify us immediately.
- Selected poets will receive a $25 honorarium per selected poem.
- Complete the form below to submit or click here