Online event funding is now available for online events taking place before March 31, 2021!
Prior to April 1, 2020, the League offered funding for poetry events through four distinct programs. Since COVID-19 has indefinitely suspended the possibility of in-person events, we have adjusted our funding application process for events taking place April 1, 2020 through to March 31, 2021.
We are thrilled to continue to disburse the same amount of event funding directly to poets during these difficult times, thanks to the support of the Canada Council for the Arts, the Department of Canadian Heritage, the Ontario Arts Council, and the Toronto Arts Council!
July 31, 2020 update: Hosts and poets may now apply to receive funding for online events will take place before March 31, 2021. We are not currently accepting applications for in-person events. Updates for in-person events and travel funding will be posted here, to our social media, in our newsletters, and directly via e-mail to members as soon as we have them!
Please note that this does not include funding for virtual class visits and educational programming. Updates to our Poets in the Schools program, supported by the Ontario Arts Council, will be available in late July for visits and programming starting in September 2020.
You can review all updated guidelines for online event funding, and find the application form, here: https://poets.ca/resources/funding/online/
Here is a short review of major changes, which regular users of the program may find helpful:
- Application fees have been waived in order to support poets and hosts who are keeping poetry alive during these uncertain and challenging times
- Poets may now apply to receive their own honorarium
- A limited amount of funding has been reserved to support events by poets who are not members of the League
- There is one universal application form to apply for funding, rather than separate applications per program
- There is no deadline for applications; they will be processed on a rolling basis, and approved or rejected within three weeks of submission
Please review all additional details carefully here before submitting your application!
If you are unsure about your event’s eligibility, we recommend submitting a detailed application so we can review it carefully and get back to you. You may submit queries to email@example.com, but please note that you can expect a response in 2-3 business days. The League staff are all currently working remotely, and are not available by phone. To book a phone appointment regarding funding queries, you can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.