Edited by Kyle Flemmer
We invite the submission of visual poetry, a diverse category characterized by the graphical interplay of text and image. This includes, but is not limited to: concrete poetry, blackout and erasure poetry, typewriter art, intermedia poetry, asemic writing, and other forms of non-representational language. Images should be 300 DPI or higher and will be printed in greyscale on half a letter-size page (portrait orientation).
- Submissions are open to Canadian citizens and poets living and/or practicing in Canada.
- All submissions must be in DOC, DOCX or PDF format.
- Images should be 300 DPI or higher.
- Open to members and non-members
- Members may submit up to 2 poems
- Non-members may submit 1 poem
- Please complete the form in its entirety. If you have trouble with the form, contact email@example.com
- We accept simultaneous submissions. If your piece is accepted elsewhere, please notify us immediately.
- Selected poets will receive a $25 honorarium per selected poem.
Kyle Flemmer is an author, editor, and publisher from Calgary in Treaty 7 territory. He recently completed an MA in English Literature at the University of Calgary, where he researched digital poetics. Kyle founded The Blasted Tree Publishing Company in 2014 and served as Managing Editor of filling Station magazine from 2018-2020. He has published several chapbooks of visual poetry, most recently Little Songs by No Press and The Heavy Crown by nOIR:Z. Kyle’s first book, Barcode Poetry, was published by The Blasted Tree in 2021.