The Gerald Lampert Memorial Award is given in the memory of Gerald Lampert, an arts administrator who organized authors’ tours and took a particular interest in the work of new writers. The award recognizes a first book of poetry published by a Canadian. With a prize of $1,000, it is presented each year at the LCP Annual Conference in June, with the shortlist announced in April.
SUBMISSIONS NOW CLOSED FOR BOOKS PUBLISHED IN 2017
SUBMISSIONS OPENING IN AUGUST FOR 2018 TITLES
- The author must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- The title must be the author’s first full-length book of poetry, and have been published in 2017. Must have one author. Translators are not eligible as authors.
- The title must be at least 48 pages in length, excluding front and back material. Chapbooks and self-published books are not eligible.
- A book may be submitted in any language. Submissions in a language other than English must be accompanied by a translation.
- The book may be submitted by publisher, author or other nominator.
- $25.00 submission fee may be paid by credit card or by cheque made out to the League of Canadian Poets.
- Submissions must be post-marked no later than November 30, 2017. If an extension is required due to the printing schedule of a book, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org by to arrange in advance.
This Being by Ingrid Ruthig (Fitzhenry & Whiteside)
2017 Ingrid Ruthig, This Being
2016 Ben Ladouceur, Otter
2015 Kayla Czaga, For Your Safety Please Hold On
2014 Murray Reiss, The Survival Rate of Butterflies in the Wild
2013 Gillian Savigny, Notebook M
2012 Yi-Mei Tsiang, Sweet Devilry
2011 Anna Swanson, The Nights Also
2010 James Langer, Gun Dogs
2009 Katia Grubisic, What if red ran out
2008 Alex Boyd, Making Bones Walk
2007 Steven Price, Anatomy of Keys
2006 Suzanne Buffam, Past Imperfect
2005 Ray Hsu, Anthropy
2004 Adam Getty, RECONCILIaTION
2003 Kathy Mac, Nail Builders Plan for Strength and Growth
2002 Aislinn Hunter, Into the Early Hours
2001 Anne Simpson, Light Falls Through You
2000 Shawna Lemay, All the God-Sized Fruit
1999 Stephanie Bolster, White Stone: The Alice Poems
1998 Mark Sinnett, The Landing
1997 Marilyn Dumont, A Really Good Brown Girl
1996 Maureen Hynes, Rough Skin
1995 Keith Maillard, Dementia Americana
1994 Barbara Klar, The Night You Called Me a Shadow and Illya Tourtidis, Mad Magellanês Tale
1993 Elisabeth Harvor, Fortress of Chairs and Roberta Rees, Eyes Like Pigeons
1992 Joanne Arnott, Wiles of Girlhood
1991 Diana Brebner, Radiant Life Forms
1990 Steven Heighton, Stalinês Carnival
1989 Sarah Klassen, Journey to Yalta
1988 Di Brandt, Questions I Asked My Mother
1987 Rosemary Sullivan, The Space a Name Makes
1986 Joan Fern Shaw, Raspberry Vinegar
1985 Paulette Jiles, Celestial Navigation
1984 Sandra Birdsell, Night Travellers and Jean McKay, Gone to Grass
1983 Diana Hartog, Manitee Light
1982 Abraham Boyarsky, Schielber and Edna Alford, A Sleep Full of Dreams
1981 Elizabeth Allan, The Shored Up House