Very Small Verse Contest: small poems, big ideas. As the saying goes, poetry is everywhere and what easier way to fill our everyday moments with poetry than with micropoems? Micropoems are poems that are spare in size but not in impact, whose ambitions and effects are bigger than the form.
The Very Small Verse Contest invites and challenges poets to submit 4 micropoems – at least six (6) words in length but no more than two hundred (200) characters.
The winner will receive $250, publication in the 2021 Poem In Your Pocket Day Booklet, as well as have their poem professionally designed and printed on a T-Shirt or tote bag.
This contest was open from December 1, 2020 — January 29, 2021.
Submissions guidelines (contest is now closed)
- Poems must be previously unpublished and at least 6 words in length to a maximum of 200 characters
- You may submit up to four (4) poems per submission/submission fee. Please include all poems in a single document (Word or PDF).
- Fees are $10 for League members and $15 for non-members.
- You may submit multiple times, but please note the submission fee applies to each submission
- Eligible to Canadian poets and poets living and working in Canada
Congratulations to the 2020 Very Small Verse Contest winner, Diana Manole and her poem “Lovers”