“Poets are the hierophants of an unapprehended inspiration; the mirrors of the gigantic shadows which futurity casts upon the present; the words which express what they understand not; the trumpets which sing to battle, and feel not what they inspire; the influence which is moved not, but moves. Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world.”
– Percy Bysshe Shelley’s “A Defence of Poetry”
Interested in reviewing for the League? As it stands, we are currently looking for volunteer reviewers. It’s a small, small poetry world out there, and we know there’s a large chance reviewers have met the poet they’re reviewing at least once, so we want to embrace that: friends, review friends! Publishers, review your own books! Discuss, discuss, discuss–as long as you disclose your connections and keep your writing transparent. We’re looking for reviews that speak to the reviewer’s personal experience with the book, but we’re also looking for reviews that can connect a book with other legacies, initiatives, and creators in CanLit.
- we accept reviews of either new (published within the last 18 months) books of poetry or books of poetry written by League members (no publication date restrictions) – see below for a list of suggested reviewable titles
- reviewers do not need to be members of the League
- we accept previously published reviews
- reviews for consideration should be in Word file format
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, queries, or submissions for consideration! We are also happy to facilitate review copy requests to publishers for interested reviewers.
Or consider reviewing a book by one of our new members!
League members with new books should e-mail email@example.com to include the book in our list of reviewable titles.
- REVIEW: SISYPHUS: HAIKU WORK OF ANNA VAKAR | ED. VICKI MCCULLOUGH
- REVIEW: FOX HAUNTS | BY PENN KEMP
- REVIEW: A GENEROUS LATITUDE | BY LENEA GRACE
- REVIEW: THE PANIC ROOM | BY REBECCA PAPUCARU
- REVIEW: THIS WOUND IS A WORLD | BY BILLY-RAY BELCOURT
- REVIEW: POETRY THAT HEALS | BY NAOMI BETH WAKAN
- REVIEW: OUT OF PLACE | BY KATE ROGERS
- REVIEW: TABLE MANNERS | BY CATRIONA WRIGHT
- REVIEW: SIREN | BY KATERI LANTHIER
- REVIEW: MAUNDER | BY CLAIRE KELLY
View our reviews archive here.