Poetry Pause is the League’s daily poetry dispatch program, inspired by the Academy of American Poets’ Poem-A-Day, the original daily digital poetry series. The Poetry Pause project is intended to augment the presence of Canadian poetry and to provide an opportunity to Canadian poets – seasoned and emerging alike – to have their poetry read by many. Poetry Pause delivers more than a poem; it delivers the chance for folks to pause for poetry – to spare a few minutes each day for words that heal, inspire, and sustain.
Want to receive a poem a day from the League?
Check out the Poetry Pause archive here.
Your poetry could be featured in Poetry Pause; we are always accepting submissions! Please read the guidelines below then complete this form
If you encounter any issues, have questions, or find that the form does not work for you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org including all of the information/items below (except payment).
- The maximum number of poems to be submitted is five (5) per year (Jan-Dec).
- Members of the League may submit up to the maximum of five (5) poems at no cost.
- Non-members of the League may submit one (1) poem at no cost and/or an additional four (4) poems for $10.00.
- Each poem must be no longer than 100 lines in length.
- Please attach each poem to the form as an individual file with the file name format LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME_POEMTITLE
- Do not include any identifying information (name, email, address) in your poem file.
- Please include a brief biography, an author photo and your social media (if applicable) in the body of your email.
- Poems may be previously published (only when copyright belongs to the author, or if the author has obtained conditional permission from the publisher)
- Submissions are open only to poets residing in Canada.
- Submissions are accepted on an on-going basis; there is no deadline.
- Blind submissions will be periodically sent to our Selection Committee, comprised of professional Canadian poets.